Matad Climate & Temperature
- Matad, Mongolia is at 47°9'N, 115°38'E, 907 m (2976 ft). See map.
- Matad has a mid-latitude steppe/ semi-arid cool climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BSk).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Matad is situated in or near the boreal dry scrub biome.
- The average annual temperature is 0.7 degrees Celsius (33.2 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 41.3 °C (74.3°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype truly continental.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 190.5 mm (7.5 inches) which is equivalent to 190.5 Litres/m² (4.67 Gallons/ft²).
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Matad you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Puerto Deseado, Argentina (Cool temperate desert biome).
Matad Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Matad Climate Graph in Metric Units
Matad Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Matad, Mongolia Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Cita/ Kadala, Russia - 568.2 kms (353.1 miles) NNW
- Chita, Russia - 564.1 kms (350.6 miles) NNW
- Kyra, Russia - 380.2 kms (236.2 miles) NW
- Dashbalbar, Mongolia - 280.2 kms (174.1 miles) NNW
- Choibalsan, Mongolia - 130.3 kms (81 miles) NW
- Ulan-Bator/ Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia - 662.9 kms (412 miles) W
- Bayan-Ovoo, Mongolia - 273 kms (169.7 miles) WNW
- Underkhaan, Mongolia - 377.8 kms (234.7 miles) W
- Maanty, Mongolia - 615.2 kms (382.3 miles) W
- Baruun-Urt, Mongolia - 186.4 kms (115.8 miles) WSW
- Choir, Mongolia - 569.8 kms (354.1 miles) W
- Bayandelger, Mongolia - 296.7 kms (184.4 miles) WSW
- Sainshand, Mongolia - 494.7 kms (307.4 miles) WSW
- Zamiin-Uud, Mongolia - 480 kms (298.3 miles) SW
- Erlian, China - 482.9 kms (300.1 miles) SW